Beach Furniture Limited, 1908-1958.

Beach0001

Workers outside Beach Furniture ca. 1942.

The brick building that housed Beach Furniture was originally constructed in 1903 for the Cornwall Furniture Company.

Beach0002
Located at the southeast corner of Sydney and 9th streets, the bankrupt business was purchased by “Charlie” A. Beach in 1908.

Beach0003
Beach was famous for its “lyre” back chair.

Beach0004
Beach made furniture in Cornwall until 1958.
Beach0005
The building was demolished in 1988 to make way for the Tudor Centre, home to Cornwall’s only Celtic pub, the Glengarrian.

©Cornwall Community Museum

Advertisements